Zebra Kita is a bilingual parent-initiative kindergarten in Berlin Prenzlauer Berg, open Mon-Fri 8am to 5pm.
Our core team of 3 permanent teachers looks after 19 children aged 2-6 years. They are supported by part-time substitute teachers and one volunteer (BundesfreiwilligerdiestlerIn).
Since we’re a small kindergarten, teachers play an integral role in the structure, atmosphere and curriculum of our kindergarten. Teachers also have close contact with parents, who volunteer to cook, do repairs and keep the kindergarten running.
Please email us your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Even when we have no openings, we are always happy to hear from qualified English speaking teachers. Feel free to send us your application.
Kindly note that we can only consider applications form candidates who are eligible to work in Germany.
Educator for Zebra Kita International e.V. in Berlin Prenzlauer Berg
We come from 17 countries and speak 13 languages… we are engaged, dynamic and work as a community: Welcome to the Zebra Kita!
Zebra Kita International e.V. is a bilingual, German-English, Montessori-oriented parents' initiative kindergarten in Berlin Prenzlauer Berg. We accompany and support 19 children aged between 2 and 6 years in their development in a single mixed-age group. Our focus is bilingualism and the Montessori approach of freedom of development. The kindergarten is operated by parents, with a dedicated and experienced team of teachers in charge of all pedagogical matters.
We are hiring:
An educator for our kindergarten in Berlin Prenzlauer Berg
Working hours: Full-time (30-39.4 hours)
Start date: As soon as possible
Remuneration: TV-L level S8a for state approved (staatlich anerkannte) educators or S4 for educators with Quereinsteiger_innen status (plus Christmas bonus).
We can consider applicants with one of the following qualifications
• State-recognised educator (staatlich anerkannte Erzieher_in)
• State-recognised childhood educator (staatlich anerkannte Kindheitspädagog_in)
• Recognised social-educational specialist (anerkannte sozialpädagogische Fachkraft)
• Lateral entrants (Quereinsteiger_innen)
• Educators working towards state approval (im Gleichstellungsprozess)
• English as a first language
• Enthusiasm, optimism, patience and empathy in dealing with young children
• Flexibility, creativity, communication and co-operation skills
• Independence, teamwork and organizational skills
• Interest in multicultural and intercultural contexts
We offer you:
• A committed, international 3 to 4 person team with professional management and a lot of experience
• An exciting concept with the aim of a prejudice-free co-existence of children, parents and educators of various origins
•An open, friendly, participatory, creative and respectful work environment including eye-to-eye interactions with team colleagues and parents
• A international, culturally diverse community of parents and educators
• A warm, loving environment that offers an alternative to institutional kindergartens
• Individual and team training opportunities
• Extended closing times for the summer holidays and year-end
Please send us your detailed application in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to meeting you.